Introduction of Import Data
Importing your data into Lucrativ is important whether you are migrating from another system or simply updating existing records quickly. Read this step-by-step guide will help you as you embark on the import process.
What to know before you import:
- Check your spreadsheet. If your sheet has more than 10,000 rows or if it is larger than 10M, split the file and import the files separately.
- Before you import, ensure that the first row of your file must be the column headers. If the columns do not have headers, there will be errors while you import.
- Date fields can be identified in a spreadsheet in the following formats: DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY.
- We recommend using our formatted CSV/XLS/XLSX templates to ensure your data is formatted properly. You'll be given the option to download the templates during the import process.
- Import Accounts first, then contacts and then opportunities. Custom module should be imported after the modules to which custom module is related. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly. Prospects can be imported at any time.
Import your data:
1. Go to User settings > Data Management > Importing Data.
2. Choose the Type (i.e. prospect, opportunity, contact, account, custom module) of import by clicking the square button on the next page.
Note: we recommend importing Accounts first, then contacts and then opportunities. Custom module should be imported after the modules to which custom module is related. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly. Prospects can be imported at any time.
3. Choose data source. (Now Lucrativ supports local file and Google Drive.) Here we take a scenario of choosing local file. Please note you should connect Google Drive with Lucrativ before importing.
4. In case you have no idea on the field format of your import record, click the 【Download Sample File】button to download the sample file. If you already prepared your file, click ‘Choose File’ or drag and drop to upload your file.
5. Once your import loads successfully, the columns will match up automatically, but you review each one just to ensure that the right data is being pulled into Lucrativ:
- Click the ‘Select Field’ menu on the left then select the matching field already in Lucrativ. Note that the name or last name field needs to be matched.
- If the field you want to match does not exist in Lucrativ, you can import the field as a note.
- If there is a specific field you don’t want to import, choose ‘ignore’ and it won't be imported.
- Click on Next to continue uploading the file.
6. As you import contacts, complete the necessary information before clicking ‘import’.
- Primary Owner
If the prospects are imported as ‘Owned by Team Users’, it will be assigned to the users according to the Prospect Routing or Round Robin you choose.
If the prospects are imported as ’Owned by me’, it will be assigned to you.
If the file is imported under a valid user name, the new prospect will be assigned to the user you imported.
If the prospects are not matched to a valid source value, they will be processed as the value you choose.
You can choose tags for the prospects while importing, it also works for duplicated records. You can filter the records in the prospect list quickly.
Handle matched records by selecting either "Import as New Prospects," “Skip” or “Merge”
- Import as New Prospect
Duplicate records can be re-imported as a new record when you choose the "Import as New Prospect" option.
You can choose to ignore duplicate records through the "Skip" option and the information will not be imported. No change will be made to the matching record in the system. For prospects, choose the key value such as Full Name, Primary Email or Primary Phone to identify matching records.
Note: the merge will not change the primary owner
All Fields: All fields with duplicate records will be updated as you import, including source, pipeline, status, and tags you selected. New information such as these will be added to the original data.
Note: the email address, phone number, and address of the original data will be lost once new data is uploaded.
New records imported will update as you import if the original record has the empty fields. Source and pipeline & status will be not be changed.
Note: the email address, phone number, and address of imported record will be added to the original data.
Update as a Note: The imported record will update as a NOTE to the original records.
For example, if the record you imported matched the record in Lucativ, the fields of the imported record will be updated as a NOTE and it will be added to the existing record.
Reasons for Failure of Data Import:
When importing prospects, these are the possible reasons for the failure of data import:
- Invalid Email Address： If the email addresses in your file aren’t in the proper format(e.g:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Name or Last Name is empty: If the Name or Last Name field is blank, it will be marked as invalid data and can’t be imported
- Invalid Date Format：if the date format doesn’t meet the format DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY, it will be as invalid data and can’t be imported.