Introduction to Importing Data
Importing your data into Lucrativ is important whether you are migrating from another system or simply updating existing records quickly. Read this step-by-step guide will help you as you embark on the import process.
What to know before you import:
- Check your spreadsheet. If your sheet has more than 10,000 rows or if it is larger than 10M, split the file and import the files separately.
- Before you import, ensure that the first row of your file must be the column headers. If the columns do not have headers, there will be errors while you import.
- Date fields can be identified in a spreadsheet in the following formats: DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY.
- We recommend using our formatted CSV/XLS/XLSX templates to ensure your data is formatted properly. You'll be given the option to download the templates during the import process.
- Import Accounts first, then contacts and then opportunities. Custom module should be imported after the modules to which custom module is related. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly. Prospects can be imported at any time.
Import your data:
1. Go to User settings > Data Management > Importing Data.
2. Choose the Type (i.e. prospect, opportunity, contact, account, custom module) of import by clicking the square button on the next page.
Note: we recommend importing Accounts first, then contacts and then opportunities. Custom module should be imported after the modules to which custom module is related. Importing in this order will ensure that all records are related correctly. Prospects can be imported at any time.
3. Choose data source. (Now Lucrativ supports local file and Google Drive.) Here we take a scenario of choosing local file. Please note you should connect Google Drive with Lucrativ before importing.
4. In case you have no idea on the field format of your import record, click the 【Download Sample File】button to download the sample file. If you already prepared your file, click ‘Choose File’ or drag and drop to upload your file.
5. In case you have no idea on the field format of your import record, click 【Download Sample File】. If you already prepared your file, click ‘Choose File’ or drag and drop to upload your file.
6. Once your import loads successfully, many of the columns should match up automatically, but you review each one to be sure that the right data is being pulled into Lucrativ:
- Click ‘Select Field’ menu on the left then you can select the matching field in Lucrativ. Note that the name or last name field will be must matched.
- If the field you want to match does not exist in Lucrativ, you can import the field as a note.
- If you don’t want to import a certain field, you can choose ‘ignore’ and it will not be imported.
- Click on Next to continue uploading the file.
7. Lastly, complete the necessary information before you proceed.
You can choose tags for the contacts while importing. This also works for duplicate records. Tags allow you to filter your records quickly.
You can choose to ignore duplicate records through the "Skip" option and the information will not be imported. No change will be made to the matching record in the system. For prospects, choose the key value such as Full Name, Primary Email or Primary Phone to identify matching records.
All Fields: Duplicate records will update all fields once imported.
When the Field is Empty: The duplicate record will update the original record if it has empty fields.
Reasons for Failure of Data Import:
When importing prospects, these are the possible reasons for the failure of data import:
- Invalid Email Address： If the email addresses in your file aren’t in the proper format(e.g:email@example.com)
- Name or Last Name is empty: If the Name or Last Name field is blank, it will be marked as invalid data and can’t be imported
- Invalid Date Format：if the date format doesn’t meet the format DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY, it will be as invalid data and can’t be imported.
- Invalid Phone Number：if the number format doesn’t meet the format of country, it will be tagged as invalid data and it will not be imported.